2886039 Minn Kota 70 LB SC Lower Unit Assembly w/Prop Kit
Lakeside Marine & Service is a Minn Kota Authorized Service Center. We sell and service all Minn Kota Products & Parts. This Genuine Minn Kota Part is brand new directly from Minn Kota. If you have any questions or need helping finding parts please contact us.
2886039 Minn Kota 70 LB SC Lower Unit Assembly w/Prop Kit with speed coil
This part number replaces these old part number(s): 2096034, 2096035, 2096039, 2096063, 2096065, 2098034, 2098039
The lower unit assembly works with trolling motors that uses a 5 speed switch to control the speeds.
This lower unit assembly includes all the following parts (parts in parenthesis are superseded parts):
- 1 70# Armature Assembly 92-100-128 (2-100-119, 92-100-119, 2-100-128)
- 1 Sealed Ball Bearing 140-010 (406010)
- 1 E Clip 788-015 (405300, 406300)
- 1 Center Housing Assembly FW 92-200-005 (431-005, 2-200-005)
- 1 Brush End Housing Assembly SC FW 2-300-139M (2-300-039, 2-300-139, 2-300-042, 2-300-042M)
- 1 Plain End Housing Assembly FW 92-400-101 (406033, 2-400-101, 2-400-101A, 2-400-166, 92-400-166)
- 1 Flange Bearing 144-049 (144-016, 405000, 406600)
- 1 Prop Shaft Seal 880-003 (406461)
- 1 Prop Shaft Seal w/ Shield 880-006 (406471)
- 2 Brush Assembly 188-038 (188-037)
- 1 Brush Plate Assembly 9-738-038 (190-038, 191-038, 738-038)
- 2 Brush Spring 975-042
- 1 O Ring 701-081 (405470, 406470)
- 1 Gasket 337-036 (406490)
- 2 Thru Bolt O Ring 701-008 (405462, 701008)
- 2 Brush Plate Screw 830-007 (406342, 830-002)
- 2 Thru Bolt 830-008
- 1 Steel Washer 990-067 (405170, 406170)
- 2 Nylon Washer 990-070 (405171)
- 1 Black Motor Lead Wire 640-004
- 1 Red Motor Lead Wire 640-105
- 1 Weedless Wedge 2 Prop 2091160 (MKP-32, 1378131, 1865017)
- 1 Drive Pin 2092600 (208260, 209260, 2082600)
- 1 Washer 2151726 (2091726, 9430101)
- 1 Prop Nut 2053101 (2383105)
WARRANTY/RETURN INFORMATION: All Minn Kota electrical items are tested first by the manufacturer and a second time before leaving our facility. Since they are tested twice, the chance of the items being inoperative is very unlikely. In the event that you have any questions regarding the installation of your item, please contact us before doing so. We do not accept returns on used/installed electrical items. If for some reason you do not need the part you've ordered, it must be returned as unused, uninstalled in the original package with all of the original contents.
I was going to just rebuilt my lower unit, but after looking at the price for a new lower unit it was a no brainer unit was 15 years old.
Removal of the unit from the shaft was a little tricky, had to heat the area where shaft screwed into the unit. The shaft is composite and glued in place, so had to be easy with heat, but finally got it loose.
Service was great but my first day on the water with my trolling motor in a tournament the motor was squealing so loud under water I know it was scaring fish all day. Was really disappointed. I took the cover off when I got home there was a nylon bushing laying inside on the bottom of the motor. I put it on where I thought it should go but not certain and will have to try it again next time I’m at the lake. Whoever assembled this motor didn’t do it right.
Worked great for my minn kota edge trolling motor
Quick to ship parts as stated little tricky to install but in and working 👍